SCREAM FACTORY PRESENTS
BLACK CHRISTMAS & DREAMSCAPE
IN COLLECTOR’S EDITION BLU-RAYS
ON DECEMBER 13, 2016
This December, Scream Factory™ proudly presents two genre favorites as part of a month full of holiday horror and sci-fi season’s greetings. Black Christmas and Dreamscape come to Blu-ray in Scream Factory Collector’s Editions on December 13, 2016, both complete with new 2K scans of the films and hours of new bonus content.
If this movie doesn’t make your skin crawl…it’s on too tight!
The college town of Bedford is receiving an unwelcome guest this Christmas. As the residents of sorority house Pi Kappa Sig prepare for the festive season, a stranger begins to stalk the house.
A series of obscene phone calls start to plague the residents of the sorority and it becomes clear that a psychopath is homing in on the sisters with dubious intentions. And though the police try to trace the calls, they discover that nothing is as it seems during this Black Christmas.
Directed by Bob Clark (A Christmas Story, Porky’s) and starring a fantastic cast that includes Margot Kidder (Superman), Olivia Hussey (Romeo & Juliet), John Saxon (A Nightmare on Elm Street) and Keir Dullea (2001: A Space Odyssey), Black Christmas finally comes to Blu-ray in a definitive presentation of the holiday horror classic.
- NEW 2016 2K scan of the negative (1.85:1) – DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, DTS-HD Master Audio Mono
- Audio Commentary with director Bob Clark
- Audio Commentary with actors John Saxon and Keir Dullea
- Audio Commentary with Billy (actor Nick Mancuso)
- Audio interview with director Bob Clark
- 2006 Critical Mass HD Master (1.78:1) – DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
- NEW Film and Furs – Remembering Black Christmas with Art Hindle
- NEW Victims and Virgins – Remembering Black Christmas with Lynne Griffin
- Black Christmas Legacy: 40th Anniversary Panel at FanExpo 2014 featuring John Saxon, Art Hindle, Lynne Griffin & Nick Mancuso
- On Screen!: Black Christmas featurette
- 12 Days of Black Christmas featurette
- Black Christmas Revisited featurette
- Archival Interviews with Olivia Hussey, Art Hindle, Margot Kidder, Bob Clark, & John Saxon
- Midnight Screening Q&A with Bob Clark, John Saxon and Carl Zittrer
- Two scenes with a new vocal soundtrack
- Original Theatrical Trailers (English and French)
- Original TV and Radio Spots
- Alternative Title Sequences
- Still Gallery
Close your eyes and the adventure begins.
Alex Gardner (Dennis Quaid) is a man with an incredible psychic gift… but for years has used it solely for personal gain. Reuniting with his old mentor, Dr. Novotny (Max von Sydow), Gardner joins a government project in which he learns to channel his abilities in order to enter peoples’ subconscious through their dreams. As his powers grow, the young psychic soon finds himself in a living nightmare of conspiracy and murder… and the only way out is to go back in.
Dreamscape’s reputation as a cult classic has only grown over the years. Its impressive cast (including Christopher Plummer, Kate Capshaw, Eddie Albert, David Patrick Kelly, and George Wendt), behind-the-camera talent such as director Joseph Ruben (The Stepfather) and co-writer Chuck Russell (A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors, 1988’s The Blob), and rousing mix of science fiction, adventure, and horror have ensured its legacy as a dream come true for ’80s genre enthusiasts.
- NEW 2K Scan of the film
- NEW – “The Actor’s Journey” – Interview with Dennis Quaid
- NEW – “Dreamscapes and Dreammakers” Retrospective including Brand-new interviews with Director Joseph Ruben, Co-Writer David Loughery, Actor David Patrick Kelly and other members of the special effects team
- NEW – “Nightmares and Dreamsnakes” – Looking Back at the Snakeman with Craig Reardon, David Patrick Kelley and others.
- NEW In-Depth Conversation Between Bruce Cohn Curtis And Co-Writer/Producer Chuck Russell
- Audio Commentary With Bruce Cohn Curtis, David Loughery And Craig Reardon
- Snake Man Test Footage
- Still Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer