GOLDEN GLOBE® WINNER WILLIAM SHATNER LENDS HIS VOICE
TO THE DELIGHTFUL INTERGALACTIC ADVENTURE
FROM UNIVERSAL 1440 ENTERTAINMENT
ALIENS ATE MY HOMEWORK
AVAILABLE ON DVD, DIGITAL AND ON DEMAND MARCH 6, 2018
Universal City, California, January 10, 2018 – Unexpected extraterrestrial guests team up with a pair of middle schoolers to prevent the destruction of the planet in Aliens Ate My Homework, coming to DVD, Digital and On Demand on March 6, 2018, from Universal 1440 Entertainment, a production entity of Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. A humorous and suspenseful intergalactic adventure, Aliens Ate My Homework follows the whimsical members of the Galactic Patrol on the trail of an evil alien criminal hiding out on Earth.
Based on the first book in prolific author Bruce Coville’s globally renowned “Galactic Patrol” series published by Aladdin Books, an imprint of Simon and Schuster Children’s Publishing, Aliens Ate My Homework features the voice of two-time Emmy Award winner William Shatner (“Star Trek”) and comes from director Sean McNamara (The King’s Daughter). The film also stars Jayden Greig (The Shape of Water), Lauren McNamara (“Summer of Dreams”), Kirsten Robek (The Edge of Seventeen), Dan Payne (Star Trek Beyond, Watchmen), Ty Consiglio (Wonder) and Alex Zahara (“The Man in the High Castle”).
Aliens Ate My Homework is a suspenseful family comedy which follows the adventures of sixth-grader Rod Allbright (Greig) and the extraterrestrial lawmen known as the Galactic Patrol. When a tiny spaceship flies through his window and lands on his science project, Rod and his cousin Elspeth (McNamara) meet a group of friendly aliens, including Phil, a talking plant (voiced by William Shatner). The earthlings quickly join the aliens’ adventurous mission to help defeat an evil alien criminal. After discovering the evil alien is disguised as a human – someone he knows all too well – Rod and Elspeth race to save the world from total planetary disaster.
BONUS FEATURES on DVD and digital
- Not of This World: Creating Alien Life Forms – A look at creating some of the film’s Alien characters, showcasing the work of Emmy-winning visual effects maestro Todd Masters and his creature effects team. Viewers will get a peek at what it takes to bring the creatures to life on-set through the magic of prosthetic make-up, as well as practical effects techniques like oversized sets and puppetry.
- Aliens Ate My Homework: From Page to Screen – This piece will give viewers a peek at the process of turning the novel into a film – from concept to production and visual effects. Featuring behind the scenes footage plus interviews with the cast, filmmakers, and author Bruce Coville.
- On the Set with Bruce Coville – The beloved author gives viewers a peek at life on the set of Aliens Ate My Homework while providing details on the origins of the Galactic Patrol book series.
- The Galactic Patrol Wants You! – A closer look at the members of the Galactic Patrol featuring Grakker, Madame Pong, Rod Allbright, Elspeth, and Phillogenous Esk Piemondum, aka Phil. In this featurette, the intrepid crew of the Starship Ferkel will reveal details on their current mission and will inform viewers on what it takes to become a member of the Galactic Patrol.
Aliens Ate My Homework will be available on DVD and Digital.
- DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- Movies Anywhere is the digital app that simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. MOVIES ANYWHERE is only available in the United States. For more information, visit https://moviesanywhere.com.
Cast: Jayden Greig, Lauren McNamara, Kirsten Robek, Dan Payne, Alex Zahara, Ty Consiglio, Sean Quan, William Shatner, Tristan Risk
Casting By: Jackie Lind, CSA
Music By: Brandon Moore
Edited By: Tony Dean Smith
Production Designer: Bob Bottieri
Director of Photography: Adam Sliwinski
Co-Producer: Todd Masters
Executive Producers: Harvey Kahn, Sean McNamara
Produced By: Roger Lay Jr. and Eric Carnagey
Based on the book series ‘Rod Allbirght Alien Adventures by: Bruce Coville
Screenplay By: Judith Reeves-Stevens & Garfield Reeves-Stevens
Directed By: Sean McNamara
TECHNICAL INFORMATION DVD:
Street Date: March 6, 2018
Copyright: Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
Selection Number: 63187246
Layers: DVD 9
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
Rating: PG for some rude humor, mild action and thematic elements
Languages/Subtitles: English SDH, French Canadian, French European, Latin American Spanish
Sound: English, French European, and Latin American Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1
Run Time: 1 hour, 29 minutes