Bon appétit! Searchlight Pictures’ deliciously twisted thriller The Menu
Arrives on Digital January 3 and Blu-ray™ and DVD January 17
—————- First Course —————-
From Searchlight Pictures and director Mark Mylod (Succession) comes the satirical thriller The Menu. This outrageous tale of fine dining has been celebrated by critics as “gloriously twisted” (Chris Evangelista, Slash Film) “wildly entertaining” (Alan Cerny, Vital Thrills) and “undeniably fun” (Brian Tallerico, RogerEbert.com). The film is Certified-Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes™ and arrives on Digital January 3 and Blu-ray and DVD on January 17, with never-before-seen bonus content that takes viewers behinds the scenes and inside the kitchen.
A young couple (Anya Taylor-Joy and Nicholas Hoult) travels to a coastal island to eat at an exclusive restaurant where the chef (Ralph Fiennes) has prepared a lavish menu, with some shocking surprises. The dark comedy is written by Seth Reiss & Will Tracy, and directed by Mark Mylod.
—————- Second Course —————-
- Open Kitchen: A Look Inside The Menu – Feast on the special ingredients of The Menu to see how director Mark Mylod and his formidable cast, the biting script and renowned chef consultants concocted the perfect recipe to bring authenticity and dark humor to the film’s high-end culinary world.
- First Course: Take a seat at the table as director Mark Mylod delves into some of the key ingredients that went into crafting The Menu. Meet the renowned chefs and food stylist who brought their culinary expertise to the set.
- Second Course: Savor the world-building of Hawthorn, from kitchen “boot camp,” to the meticulous details of the production design. Hear from the cast and writers about the director’s naturalistic approach to capturing the nuances of the performances.
- Dessert: Dig into the creation of the s’mores sequence as costume designer Amy Westcott explains the painstaking process of sewing ponchos made of actual marshmallows. The cast discusses chocolate hats and the absurd predicament of their characters.
- And for a mignardise, enjoy three deleted scenes…
*Bonus features vary by product and retailer
Ralph Fiennes as Julian Slowik
Anya Taylor-Joy as Margot Mills
Nicholas Hoult as Tyler
Hong Chau as Elsa
Janet McTeer as Lillian Bloom
Reed Birney as Richard Liebbrandt
Judith Light as Anne Liebbrandt
And John Leguizamo as Movie Star
Adam McKay p.g.a., Betsy Koch p.g.a., Will Ferrell
Seth Reiss & Will Tracy
Digital: January 3, 2023
Physical: January 17, 2023
Digital: UHD, HD, SD
Physical: Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + Digital Code) & DVD
—————- Third Course —————-
Feature Run Time
U.S. Rated R
**For strong/disturbing violent content, language throughout and some sexual references
**Bonus material not rated
Blu-ray: English 5.1 DTS-HDMA, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital
DVD: English 5.1 Dolby, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital English AD 2.0 Dolby
Digital: 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms), Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital
Blu-ray: English SDH, Spanish, French
DVD: English SDH, Spanish, French
Digital: English SDH, French, Spanish (some platforms)
—————- Dessert —————-