Nominated for 23 Emmy® Awards Including Outstanding Drama Series
“Thrillingly atavistic..inspiring” – Vulture.com
GAME OF THRONES: THE COMPLETE SIXTH SEASON
Available for Download on Digital HD August 1, 2016
Blu-ray™ & DVD Debut November 15, 2016
New York, N.Y., July 18, 2016 – Last year’s Emmy® Award winner for Outstanding Drama Series and currently nominated for 23 2016 Emmy® Awards including Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Writing, Outstanding Directing Outstanding Supporting Actress (Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Maisie Williams) and Outstanding Supporting Actor (Peter Dinklage, Kit Harrington), Game of Thrones is bigger than ever delivering “the power and pathos fans have come to expect” (Los Angeles Times). The HBO drama has consistently been the top selling TV on DVD/BD for the past five years and now fans can get the most recent season earlier than ever when Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season debuts from HBO Home Entertainment on Digital HD on August 1, 2016 and on Blu-ray™ with Digital HD and DVD November 15, 2016. The set features all 10 episodes, plus extensive bonus content:
Digital HD Download
- Bran’s Journey – A nine-minute feature delving into the shocking and revelatory journey Bran Stark took in Season 6.
- The Dothraki World – Behind-the-Scenes featurette bringing viewers up to speed on the Dothraki culture, not seen since Season 1.
- Inside Game of Thrones: Prosthetics – Behind-the-Scenes featurette detailing what goes into the show’s prosthetics creation.
- The Game Revealed – Five-part series covering the creation of Season 6’s most epic set pieces and scenes.
Blu-ray™ with Digital Copy – includes all DVD features plus:
- In-Episode Guide – Dig deeper into the show with this in-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations, and relevant histories.
- Histories and Lore – Learn about the mythology of Westeros and Essos as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves in 18 history pieces.
- The Old Way: narrated by Euron Greyjoy (Pilou Asbæk)
- The Kingsmoot: narrated by Euron Greyjoy (Pilou Asbæk)
- The Sunset Sea: narrated by Euron Greyjoy (Pilou Asbæk)
- War of the Ninepenny Kings: narrated by Brother Ray (Ian McShane)
- The Great Tourney at Harrenhal: narrated by Meera Reed (Ellie Kendrick)
- Robert’s Rebellion: narrated by Jaime Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau)
- Vaes Dothrak: narrated by Jorah Mormont (Iain Glen)
- The Dothraki: narrated by Jorah Mormont (Iain Glen)
- Northern Allegiances to House Stark: narrated by Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner)
- Children of the Forest vs. the First Men: narrated by the Three-Eyed Raven (Max von Sydow)
- Brotherhood Without Banners: narrated by Thoros of Myr (Paul Kaye)
- Oldtown: narrated by Grand Maester Pycelle (Julian Glover) and Qyburn (Anton Lesser)
- House Dayne: narrated by Young Ned Stark (Robert Aramayo)
- The Little Birds: narrated by Lord Varys (Conleth Hill)
- Knights of the Vale: narrated by Petyr ‘Littlefinger’ Baelish (Aidan Gillen)
- House Tarly: narrated by Randyll Tarly (James Faulkner)
- Riverrun: narrated by Brynden ‘the Blackfish’ Tully (Clive Russell)
- Great Sept of Baelor: narrated by the High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce)
- The Battle of the Bastards: An In-Depth Look – Behind-the-scenes piece examining the production challenges of creating this epic event, including explorations of VFX, stunts, and interviews with key cast and crew.
- Recreating the Dothraki World – Behind-the-scenes piece looking at the creation of Vaes Dothrak and its importance to Dany’s evolution.
- 18 Hours at the Paint Hall –Follow all three shooting units as they converge in this behind-the-scenes snapshot of a day in the life of the largest show on television
- Audio Commentaries – The most commentaries ever recorded for Game of Thrones, featuring:
- Episode 601: Director Jeremy Podeswa, Director of Photography Greg Middleton, and Daniel Portman (Podrick Payne)
- Episode 602: Writer Dave Hill, Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton), Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Bolton), Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth), and Ben Crompton (Dolorous Edd)
- Episode 603: Director Daniel Sackheim, Production Designer Deborah Riley, and Dean-Charles Chapman (Tommen Baratheon)
- Episode 604: Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei), Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont), and Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm)
- Episode 605 (2 commentaries): Gemma Whelan (Yara Greyjoy), Pilou Asbæk (Euron Greyjoy), Ellie Kendrick (Meera Reed), and Kristian Nairn (Hodor); Prosthetics Supervisor Barrie Gower, Camera Operators Chris Plevin and Ben Wilson, and Executive Producer Bernadette Caulfield
- Episode 606: Director Jack Bender, Director of Photography Jonathan Freeman, John Bradley (Samwell Tarly), and Hannah Murray (Gilly)
- Episode 607: Producer/Writer Bryan Cogman, Ian McShane (Septon Ray), and Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell)
- Episode 608: Director Mark Mylod, Essie Davis (Lady Crane), and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister)
- Episode 609 (2 commentaries): Director Miguel Sapochnik, Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark), and Kit Harington (Jon Snow); Director of Photography Fabian Wagner, Visual Effects Producer Steve Kullback, and Visual Effects Supervisor Joe Bauer
- Episode 610 (2 commentaries): Executive Producers/Writers David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister), and Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister); Special Effects Supervisor Sam Conway, Camera Operator Sean Savage, and Producer Chris Newman
- Deleted Scenes – Four deleted scenes.
The most-watched series in HBO history and a worldwide TV phenomenon, Game of Thrones returns with another power season. This year, after the shocking developments at the end of Season 5 – including Jon Snow’s bloody fate at the hands of Castle Black mutineers, Daenerys’ near-demise at the fighting pits of Meereen, and Cersei’s public humiliation in the streets of King’s Landing – survivors from all parts of Westeros and Essos regroup to press forward, inexorably, towards their uncertain individual fates. Familiar faces will forge new alliances to bolster their strategic chances at survival, while new characters will emerge to challenge the balance of power in the east, west, north and south.