Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution will make Cruella available through digital retailers June 25, with a release on Blu-ray Disc, DVD and 4K Ultra HD to follow on Sept. 21
The film opened in movie theatres on May 28 and was made available as a premium Premier Access add-on to the Disney+ streaming service for $29.99.
CAST: Emma Stone, Emma Thompson, Mark Strong, Paul Walter Hauser, Emily Beecham, Joel Fry, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Jamie Demetriou, Gianni Calchetti, Michelle Greenidge, John McCrea, Tony McCarthy, ChloÃ© Booyens, Haruka Abe, Niamh Lynch
DIRECTOR: Craig Gillespie
WRITERS: Jez Butterworth, Aline Brosh McKenna
Academy Award winner Emma Stone (“La La Land”) stars in Disney’s “Cruella,” an all-new live-action feature film about the rebellious early days of one of cinema’s most notorious – and notoriously fashionable – villains, the legendary Cruella de Vil. “Cruella,” which is set in 1970s London amidst the punk rock revolution, follows a young grifter named Estella, a clever and creative girl determined to make a name for herself with her designs. She befriends a pair of young thieves who appreciate her appetite for mischief, and together they are able to build a life for themselves on the London streets. One day, Estella’s flair for fashion catches the eye of the Baroness von Hellman, a fashion legend who is devastatingly chic and terrifyingly haute, played by two-time Oscar winner Emma Thompson (“Howards End,” “Sense & Sensibility”). But their relationship sets in motion a course of events and revelations that will cause Estella to embrace her wicked side and become the raucous, fashionable and revenge-bent Cruella.
RATING: PG-13 for some violence and thematic elements
The film earned $43.7 million at the domestic box office and is also available as a $29.99 Premier Access add-on to the Disney+ streaming service.
The 4K disc will include Dolby Atmos, while the regular Blu-ray will feature 7.1 DTS-HDMA. Extras include bloopers, two deleted scenes and several featurettes:
- “The Two Emma’s” — about the two lead actresses and how they prepared for their roles;
- “The Sidekick Angle” — about Fry and Hauser as Jasper and Horace;
- “Cruella Couture” — a behind-the-scenes look at some of the most fashionable moments in the movie;
- “The World of “Cruella” — an exploration of the city locations and elaborate sets of Cruella;
- “New Dogs … Old Tricks” — a look at the animal actors of the film;
- “Cruella 101” — a look at Easter eggs hidden in the film and connections to other movies.