JUST IN TIME FOR THE HOLIDAYS, TIME LIFE DELIVERS
AN UPLIFTING AND INSPIRATIONAL DVD COLLECTION PACKED
WITH MORE THAN 150 BELOVED GOSPEL SONGS PERFORMED
LIVE BY THE BIGGEST STARS IN COUNTRY MUSIC!
COUNTRY STARS SING SONGS OF FAITH AND HOPE
Street Date: November 15, 2022
DVD SRP: $134.95
For the Very First Time, This Comprehensive 10-Disc Collection Brings Together 153 Performances from Music Legends Including George Jones, Loretta Lynn, Alan Jackson, Reba McEntire, Randy Travis, Vince Gill, Dolly Parton, The Oak Ridge Boys, and More! Plus, Over a Dozen Exclusive Interviews, a 36-Page Collector’s Booklet, and Two Bonus DVDs of Opry Gospel Classics!
There’s always been a strong connection between country and gospel music and never has that bond been more celebrated than on AMAZING GRACE: COUNTRY STARS SING SONGS OF FAITH AND HOPE. This comprehensive 10-disc collection spotlights some of the best-loved artists in country music sharing powerful songs of faith that have reverberated inside church walls and concert halls for decades.
For many of country music’s top artists, most of whom were raised in the rural South, the church was an integral part of life, where they learned to use the power of their voice to touch people with a song. It was 1965 when Loretta Lynn released her solo album, Hymns, which became the first of many gospel projects recorded by the country music icon. Throughout his career, Johnny Cash’s faith was dominant in his music, and the Man in Black recorded several well-received gospel albums, which earned him a spot in the Gospel Music Hall of Fame. And it’s that tradition of sharing one’s faith in music that has continued today, as many contemporary country music stars have released gospel albums. In 2006, Alan Jackson gave fans Precious Memories, an award-winning collection that became one of the best-selling albums of the Georgia native’s distinguished career. Josh Turner’s 2018 album, I Serve a Savior, was a natural expression for the young singer-songwriter who has always been vocal about his faith. Alabama is also among the country music icons who have recorded their favorite gospel songs on albums that have become landmark moments in their careers. Faith has also been woven throughout the music of superstars such as Reba McEntire, Martina McBride and
Vince Gill, whose classic “Go Rest High on That Mountain” remains one of the Country Music Hall of Famer’s most beloved hits. And it’s projects like these that continue to demonstrate that country and gospel music are kindred spirits, and it’s that life-affirming spirit that inhabits every moment of AMAZING GRACE: COUNTRY STARS SING SONGS OF FAITH AND HOPE.
Now for the very first time, home audiences can enjoy live performances by the greatest country artists performing songs of faith and hope, all in one stunning, star-studded collection from Time Life. Highlighted by live performances from Alabama, Vince Gill, Alan Jackson, George Jones, Loretta Lynn, Reba McEntire, The Oak Ridge Boys, Dolly Parton, The Statler Brothers, Randy Travis, Josh Turner and dozens more, they’ve all gone back to their roots to revive such timeless hymns as “Amazing Grace,” “How Great Thou Art,” and “In the Garden.” The collectible set also includes more than a dozen exclusive interviews and a full-color 36-page collector’s book loaded with archival photos. Plus, two bonus DVDs of Opry Gospel Classics, featuring live, historic performances on the iconic Opry stage from classic country stars including Johnny Cash, The Hee Haw Gospel Quartet, Loretta Lynn, Barbara Mandrell, Dolly Parton, Charley Pride, Porter Wagoner, and more, all curated from the archives of The Grand Ole Opry.
Among the 153 incredible live performances that can be found on AMAZING GRACE are:
- Alabama – “Let’s All Go Down to the River,” “What a Friend We Have in Jesus,” “Church in the Wildwood,” “The Old Rugged Cross”
- Alan Jackson – “In the Garden,” “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms,” “When We All Get to Heaven”
- Dolly Parton – “Coat of Many Colors,” “My Tennessee Mountain Home”
- George Jones – “Just a Closer Walk with Thee,” “Amazing Grace”
- Josh Turner – “I Saw the Light,” “Long Black Train,” “Doxology,” “Amazing Grace”
- Marty Stuart – “The Old Gospel Ship,” “This Little Light of Mine”
- Randy Travis – “Three Wooden Crosses,” “Turn Your Radio On,” “Will the Circle Be Unbroken?”
- Reba McEntire – “How Great Thou Art,” “Because He Lives”
- Tennessee Ernie Ford – “Peace in the Valley,” “Take My Hand Precious Lord,” “Just a Closer Walk with Thee”
- The Gatlin Brothers – “Somebody Loves Me,” “Heartbreak Ridge and New Hope Road,” “What a Savior”
- The Oak Ridge Boys – “There is Power in the Blood,” “Lead Me to That Rock,” “Where the Soul Never Dies”
- The Statler Brothers – “Noah Found Grace in the Eyes of the Lord,” “This Old House,” “The Other Side of the Cross”
- Vince Gill – “Go Rest High on That Mountain,” “Tell Me One More Time About Jesus”
A powerful intersection between faith and art, AMAZING GRACE: COUNTRY STARS SING SONGS OF FAITH AND HOPE delivers a joyful and uplifting experience that’s perfectly timed to the holiday season!
- 36-page Collector’s Booklet — Filled with full-color photos, artist quotes, and liner notes
- 2 Bonus DVDs of Opry Gospel Classics — Rarely seen historic performances from the archives of the Grand Ole Opry by Johnny Cash, The Hee Haw Gospel Quartet, Loretta Lynn, Barbara Mandrell, Dolly Parton, Charley Pride, Porter Wagoner, and many more
- Interviews with More Than a Dozen Top Country Stars – Including Vince Gill, George Jones, The Oak Ridge Boys, The Statler Brothers, Marty Stuart, Josh Turner, and more
- Bonus Performances — Including Alabama’s Randy Owen singing “Amazing Grace” with his mother and Marty Stuart singing “Keep on The Sunny Side” with the Carter family